Shahen Avakian “Nagorno-Karabagh: Legal Aspects”, 2015
“Nagorno-Karabagh: Legal Aspects”
MIA Publishers, Fifth Edition, Moscow 2015
By Shahen Avakian
The study covers the legal aspects of Nagorno Karabagh problem. It examines the issues of Law as they affected the legal status of Nagorno Karabagh.
The author is an expert of International Law. He has graduated from the Paris Sorbonne University and is specialized in International Public Law and International Organizations law.
This study is the fi fth revised edition and contains additional information and updates. The publications of the earlier editions of this research are also availble in Armenian, French, Russian, Arabic, Greek and Spanish.
- Shahen AVAKIAN “Nagorno-Karabagh: Legal Aspects” Fifth Edition, Moscow 2015 (in English)
- Shahen AVAKIAN “Nagorno Karabaj: Aspectos Legales” 2nd Edición en Español, Moscu 2017 (in Spanish)
1. Pre-Soviet Status
2. Sovietization Period
3. Nagorno Karabagh Under Perestroika
4. Rejection of Soviet Heritage by the Republic of Azerbaijan
5. Sovereignty of Nagorno Karabagh Under Domestic Legislation of the Former USSR
6. Azerbaijan’s Policy of Ethnic Cleansings as a violation of International Law
7. Does Azerbaijan’s internal Legislation on Nagorno Karabagh Comply with International Law?
8. Independent State of Nagorno Karabagh Under International Law Concluding Remarks
List of Legal Acts and Materials on Nagorno Karabagh
League of Nations Memorandum on the Application for the Admission of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the League of Nations
League of Nations: Extract from the Journal № 17 of the First Assembly
League of Nations: Extract from the Records of the First Assembly. The Meetings of the Committees. Fourth Committee
Declaration of the Revolutionary Committee of the Azerbaijan SSR on Recognition of Nagorno Karabagh, Zanghezour and Nakhichevan as an Integral Part of the Armenian SSR
An Extract from the Session Protocol of the Presidium of the Council of Ministers of the USSR
European Parliament Resolution on the Situation in Soviet Armenia
101st Congress, 2nd Session, Joint Resolution, USA (S. J. RES. 178)
The Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Abolition of Nagorno Karabagh Autonomous Oblast of the Republic of Azerbaijan”
An Extract from the USSR Law on “The Procedures of the Resolution of Problems on the Secession of a Union Republic from the USSR
European Parliament Resolution on “Support for the Peace Process in the Caucasus”
Report on the Results of the Constitutional Referendum of the Republic of Nagorno Karabagh
Reports on the Results of Presidential Elections of Nagorno Karabagh Republic
Reports on the Parliamentary Elections of the Nagorno Karabagh Republic
Recognition of NKR’s right for self-determination